Sunday, January 11, 2009

Well, this is the situation. My “home” is all that I dreamed it would be. The palapa over the trailer is perfect!

The weather, not unlike previous years, is pretty blowy so I haven’t been able to get out to search for whales. They are here however and possibly in numbers greater than before…possibly. I’m OK with waiting though raring to go because soon the weather will break and Vicente and I will be on the trail like Holmes and Watson, though who is who is debatable!

Talk about synchronicity, the mother of one of the young women renting the “big house” across the road was a classmate of mine in………1947-1950 at Lincoln Elementary School in Redwood City, California. And she remembered me as one of her brother’s playmates during that time. Ain’t that a hoot. For the past few days we have been reminiscing about those innocent, wonderful days after the War (WW II that is) when everyone just wanted to forget the horror (though Americans have no idea of the HORROR of War) and get back to family etc. It was an idyllic time in the SF bay area for sure. Well for some of us anyway; the lucky ones. There were lots of folks whose lives were as tough as ever and we were not going to hear from them until the ‘60’s.

At any rate, it has been a treat. Wind is dying a bit as I write…enough to go out tomorrow, we’ll see.

1 comment:

  1. My best wishes for you. Hope your journey is full of beautiful things to discover.
    Please keep telling how are the whales these year.
    Sincerely yours.

    ReplyDelete