Tuesday, April 21, 2009



Going out later today to do my first serious reef dive (free not SCUBA) since coming here. The water was very clear yesterday out in the whale zone so it should be real nice. There is a dive trip planned for Isla Cerralvo on Friday and I have heard there are Whale Sharks and Hammerheads out there....new adventure! Might do SCUBA on that trip.

A note: next years funding is somewhat tenuous at this point. A generous contribution has been made by my friends The Cook's in New York but at this time because of the difficulties around the benefit (computer etc) in March I am a bit short. If there is anyone out there that wishes to contribute, a tax deductible donation can be made to MioSah (my 501(c)(3) non profit) and sent to MioSah, C/O Susan Janssen, 106 canyon Drive, Ukiah, CA 95482. Every cent goes to one thing.....boat time. No boat time no whales, no whales no pics, no pics no data, no data no sanctuary. Much thanks! Sorry I have to even mention this and I know we are all a bit more strapped than ever but every dollar counts.

The pic is of a mother and calf we came across two weeks ago. We have seen and photo ID'd 5 of these pairs this year; that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment